Pumpkin Pie! Now that we have your attention…
Sure, we crave meat sometimes, but we also adore the most vegetarian of all vegetarian restaurants in Northeast Seattle: CHACO CANYON ORGANIC CAFE. So maybe you’d rather be devouring a steak than reading this column or you’ve been growing kale in your community garden since 1972 — nevertheless, you should learn what there is to adore about this U District eatery.
In addition to the food, what is the most welcoming attribute of Chaco Canyon? The people who work there. Instead of lecturing you about the precise definition of “organic” or what’s in season today and only today, the people of Chaco Canyon exude the joy of food. If you’re receptive, they pass along knowledge about their food with the charm and wonder of when they first discovered it.
- Organic? Yes.
- Yummy Pumpkin Pie? As sure as wheat contains gluten.
- Quality Espresso Drinks? Step aside, Starbucks.
- Hearty meals with zesty sauces including authentic Thai? ไหว้ , of course.
- Fresh juices and smoothies with fruit rather than ice? Yes, you can jettison Jamba Juice.
But don’t take only our word for it; check out their glowing reviews on YELP.
Per the Chaco Canyon website: “We source the best ingredients available (sustainably produced, organic, eco-friendly, and local) while balancing it with keeping the cost of food reasonable for your, our dear community.”
- LOCATION: 4757 NE 50th Street in U District (newer locations in Greenwood and West Seattle)
- HOURS: Mon thru Fri, 7:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Sat/Sun 9-9)
- CONTACT: 206-522-6966
- MENU: Click Here.
For info about how the restaurant got its name, ask the owner, see if you can find the painting inside, or view the website about the “real” Chaco Canyon in New Mexico by CLICKING HERE.